Territory and Vehicle Planner
What if one tool could optimize your distribution territories
and your vehicle routes?
Profit Vehicle Planner can.
Profit Vehicle PlannerTM (PVP) is a tool that automatically designs sales/distribution territories to match your company’s delivery resources and your customer’s deliver requirements. Next it optimizes your cycle planning to determine the appropriate vehicles for each territory. And, finally it determines the best delivery routes to be used across your distribution fleet. In short, PVP will maximize the use of your delivery resources and assets across all of your distribution territories.
Typical users and application areas include companies that deliver on a regular basis to a relatively static set of customers, such as beverage distribution companies, snack distribution companies, uniform/linen cleaning service companies, and other wholesale distributors, etc. PVP determines, given the set of customers and their delivery frequencies, good territories to be served by each route truck over the month, so as to keep the territories compact. PVP will assign a customer to receive a delivery on one or more days within the 20-day cycle, based on their frequency of delivery.
PVP provides you a tool to automatically create optimal distribution territories (what a truck can deliver to in one day) with maps. PVP designs and routes delivery or services vehicles to minimize windshield time for your drivers.
- Allows for a complete distribution analysis
- By Territory
- By Daily Routes
- Tailor routes to drivers capabilities
- Provides a solution to deliver more products per driver
- Generates territories and routes that reduce driving time
- Decrease equipment and gas costs
- Potential to decrease overtime pay
- PVP streamlines your route-planning process, using computer-aided technology to:
- Reduce the staff time required to determine the optimal territories and routes,
- Reduce the number of delivery miles and delivery time, and
- Decrease the number of delivery vehicles and drivers you need.
- PVP uses familiar tools such as Microsoft Access, Excel, MapPoint, and advanced proprietary routing algorithms to ensure high-quality solutions.
- Automatically create and design the optimal sales/distribution territories
- Used for strategic planning and tactical operations
- Able to manage thousands of customers, each with different demand characteristics
- Matches your company’s delivery resources to your customer’s deliver requirements
- Can easily add new customers and change territory assignments.
- Visually see a representation of all delivery territories and routes
- Generate daily delivery routes for your drivers and management
- Reduce delivery costs while maintaining customer service
- Easy-to-use interface