With the constant fluctuations in the transportation market, your 3rd party carrier costs can vary dramatically. Analyze all of your carrier bids so you can negotiate the best long term contracts with the right carriers.
About Transportation Procurement
If your business is delivering product to customers on a regular basis or picking up from your suppliers, then chances are good that transportation costs are eating in to your bottom line. And, like most shippers you are relying on outside carriers for some or all of your transportation needs. Analyzing bids and finding the most cost-effective combination of 3rd-party carriers can be difficult and time consuming.
Profit Point provides Transportation Procurement optimization services to handle all inbound and outbound transportation routes, including rail, truck (bulk, packaged, and LTL), and marine bids, and simplifies the selection process while lowering the overall transportation costs.
Benefits of Transportation Procurement Optimization
Your transportation and distribution options can be quite extensive. And comparing carrier bids across all of your lanes is a time consuming endeavor. Yet, each of your carrier decisions will impact your service levels and your profitability. With Profit Point’s procurement optimization your transportation plan will:
- Minimize outsourced carrier costs
- Select the best set of carriers to meet your transportation needs
- Determine the best mix of carriers to handle “baseline” and “surge” distribution needs
- Reduce the effort and staff time required to determine the optimal distribution plan
- Allow for easy “what-if” analysis
- Evaluate the best combination of carrier discounts to ship your volume at the lowest total cost
As a transportation procurement manager, you have the ultimate responsibility over these decisions. The choices you make will drive your group’s profitability and your customer’s satisfaction. Profit Point’s optimization consultants combine extensive experience in supply chain optimization with robust carrier bid software to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of your transportation and distribution operations.
- Read about how a Large Manufacturing Company realized $1 million in savings per transportation bidding cycle and improved their distribution strategy across more than 3,000 transportation lanes.