Is your supply chain plan fully leveraging your assets?
Profit Point’s clients improve their operations output by 10% or more.
About Operations Planning
Profit Point’s Operations Planning services are designed to help supply and demand managers optimize weekly and monthly planning processes by leveraging existing infrastructure assets and the long-term business decisions made at the Infrastructure Planning level.
These planning decisions guide the detailed daily decisions made at the operational and scheduling level. These services help you develop specific solutions that will improve your core operations including:
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Transportation and Distribution Planning
- Inventory Planning
- Production Planning
Profit Point provides assessment, design, analysis and reporting tools and services for each of these supply chain planning functions. Our supply chain consultants are seasoned operations planning experts that have years of management-level experience solving complex planning needs for Fortune 500 companies across a range of industries. We apply that depth of experience and proven optimization techniques to ensure that your supply chain maximizes customer service and profitability.
Benefits of Operations Planning
Optimizing your supply chain enables your organization to deliver the right product to your customer on time and for the lowest total cost. Using Profit Point’s proven processes, your operations will be designed to:
- Minimize inventory while meeting customer service levels
- Maximize asset utilization and where appropriate level load manufacturing facilities
- Maximize utilization of transportation assets
- Select the best product manufacturing mix to maximize profits
- Determine low cost sourcing of raw materials
Operations executive and managers that utilize our optimization services are able to maximize the profitability of their business processes through product mix selection and minimizing total supply chain costs. To learn more about these success, see the Supply Chain Planning Case Studies below.
Our Operations Improvement Process
A robust supply chain plan must take in to account many business requirements, including customer demand, product mix, manufacturing capacities and distribution capabilities. To optimize your plan, our consultants begin by understanding your business requirements and the logistical challenges that your organization faces. We lead you through a proven supply chain analysis and improvement process that will enable your business to consider total supply chain cost, customer service and strategic business initiatives. During this analysis we work with you to:
- Assess existing supply chain processes and benchmark to industry performance
- Identify key operational decision that need to be made, design improved processes and identify data needed to support on-going decision making
- Analyze and implement improved processes and software tools to support sustainable business practice
Through this process we help you determine the optimal operations processes to support your business operations including critical decisions related to:
- Raw material sourcing, transportation and storage
- Product manufacturing mix and timing across your facilities
- Inventory management
- Transportation and distribution
- Achieving customer service requirements
What You Can Expect
Once we have completed your operations plan, you will have a clear set of practices to align your business requirements. We use proven optimization techniques to ensure that your plan:
- Maximizes your manufacturing productivity while balancing load across your facilities
- Improves profitability by identifying the best means to service your customer demand
- Minimizes your total transportation and distribution costs
- Improves time to market to enhance customer service
- Avoids capital investments by maximizing the utilization of your existing assets
Operations Planning Case Studies
Profit Point has been optimizing operational plans for a variety of industries and businesses of all sizes. Below is a sampling of just a few success stories:
- Find out how a new optimization model/tool has allowed this Wholesale-Distributor of Retail Products the ability to increase savings on promotional product selection by an order of magnitude while improving customer service at the same time.
- Discover how a Global Grower and Distributor of Fresh Fruits decreased containerboard material purchase costs by 6% and increased management’s productivity with a PC based materials purchase planning tool.